Powerchairs on Cruises
We provide the most comprehensive range of powerchairs available to hire for your cruise. Whether you are an existing powerchair user or a mobility scooter user, our fully trained team can discuss your requirements and based on verbal assessment will suggest options which are compliant and most suited for your needs.
As space is limited on board, powerchairs can often be a more sensible solution offering greater manoeuvrability around the ship and may be the only option if the user exceeds a 23 stone / 146 kg limit.
We recognise that no two clients are the same so we will establish the most suitable model by conducting a verbal assessment of your requirements. We will ascertain your medical condition, personal circumstances and cruise details before discussing any particular specifications/ alterations with you. We appreciate how important this piece of equipment can be so we try and match the chair to you as best we can. it’s not just a matter of front or rear wheel drive, our powerchairs range from small portable ones through to more bespoke models – not all models and possible adaptions are available to view on the website so please ask for more information – we will be delighted to assist.
"...the only approved powered mobility product available on many ships"
As a powerchair user it is important to consider the excursions you want to book. We do have a unique model called the Cruiser 12a which folds width ways (the same as a regular manual wheelchair) without having to remove the batteries, this is the only approved powered mobility product available on many ships and as it folds it is a great way to save space.
- Cruise Partner: Celebrity Cruises
- Cruise Partner: Cruise & Maritime
- Cruise Partner: Cunard
- Cruise Partner: Fred Olsen
- Cruise Partner: MSC
- Cruise Partner: P&O Cruises
- Cruise Partner: Princess Cruises
- Cruise Partner: Royal Caribbean
- General Scooter Guide
- Introducing the Mobility at Sea team – Meet the various team members and put a face to the name.
- Mobility at Sea – Mobility scooters, wheelchair and electric wheelchair hire and sales from the only UK national network for mobility scooters.
- Mobility Scooters on Cruises – We hire more mobility scooters on cruises than any other UK based company; the reason is simple; we have a great rapport with the major cruise lines cruising from Southampton
- News - World of Cruising – Spring has well and truely sprung at long last. It's the time of year when the UK swaps it's wellies for flip flops and it's umbrella's for suitcases. Here at Mobility At Sea we are eagerly awaiting the summer months as much as the rest of you! We're proud of being an approved supplier for the major cruiseliners which is why we're currently advertising in the April/May 2014 edition of the the highly acclaimed cruising magazine
- Testimonials – There's many reasons to use Mobility at Sea when hiring mobility scooters for cruises from Southampton, here's just a few.
- Troubleshooting – Something not working as expected, then try some of these handy remedies.