Last updated in April 2015.
Third-party websites that link to this site may have their own privacy statements. Mobility At Sea (or MAS) are not responsible for any third-party websites.
The following refers to the Mobility at Sea or "MAS" website (this website).
Information that is gathered from visitors
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences whe n interacting with the website.
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit:
Where registration is required, the visitor's email and a username will be stored on the server.
How the Information is used
The information is used to enhance the visitor's experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising.
E-mail addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to third-parties.
An e-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or on behalf of our affiliates.
If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings, but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also, they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
Currently, the MAS website doesn't host any Google Ads, although we may use the Google Analytics services to help us understand and improve our website.
Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to visitors based on their visit to sites they visit on the Internet.
- Complaint Handling Procedure – We take complaints about our work, equipment, staff and levels of service very seriously.
- Easy as 1-2-3 with Mobility at Sea – Our consultation and recommendation process (a timeline)
- Terms and Conditions – Equipment hire terms and conditions.
- Troubleshooting – Something not working as expected, then try some of these handy remedies.
- Website Terms of Service – Terms and conditions of the Mobility at Sea website.