Wheelchairs on Cruises
To fully take advantage of the facilities aboard ship and therefore making the most of your cruise can be more difficult if you have limited mobility. You are entitled to take your own wheelchair from home (NB. always notify the cruise provider of your intentions) but you may find that transporting it to the terminal may cause a problem. If you prefer we can provide one to hire and would deliver it either to the terminal for you to collect at your leisure, or direct into your cabin.
Some clients may choose to arrange “wheelchair assistance” for ease and convenience - this is provided by the cruise lines to help get you on board. Please ask your booking agent for more specific details.
We will recommend and allocate a wheelchair once we have conducted a brief verbal assessment ensuring that you hire the most suitable option.
Mobility at Sea works closely with all the major cruise lines to make sure that the wheelchairs we hire and sell meet both your needs and the cruise lines stringent guidelines.
Please remember not to leave your wheelchair unattended or in the corridor outside of your cabin as Housekeeping may uplift it due to health and safety guidelines.
- Cruise carers – Are you looking for a carer to accompany your cruise?
- Mobility at Sea – Mobility scooters, wheelchair and electric wheelchair hire and sales from the only UK national network for mobility scooters.
- Mobility Equipment Hire for Cruise Holidays – The only Approved Preferred Suppliers of Mobility Equipment for Cunard and P&O. We also supply other major Cruise Lines such as Royal Caribbean, Princess Cruise Lines, Fred Olsen, Saga and Thomson.
- Testimonials – There's many reasons to use Mobility at Sea when hiring mobility scooters for cruises from Southampton, here's just a few.
- Transport and minibus hire – Competitive quotes for wheelchair accessible vehicle hire or disabled car hire.
- Travel Agents – Find out how your customers could benefit from our mobility services.