Equipment Hire Terms & Conditions
Thank you for arranging your mobility equipment hire through Mobility at Sea, we would be most grateful if you could take a few minutes to read through our Terms and Conditions. If you are unsure of any aspect please do not hesitate to contact us for clarity.
Please sign the appropriate section on the booking form confirming that you will abide by the terms set out below, returning it in the pre-paid envelope and retaining this document for your information.
Mobility At Sea is a member of the BHTA and abides by their Code of Practice. If you are unhappy with the outcome of the complaint and have exhausted our complaints process you can approach the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) for mediation and, as a member, we will participate in this process. BHTA can be contacted at:
New Loom House Suite 4.06
101 Back Church Lane London E1 1LU
Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 7702 2141
- This Agreement incorporates all of the terms between you (the Hirer) and Mobility at Sea (the Owner). It cannot be varied except by a document signed by both of us after the date this Agreement commences. We exclude all representations made before entry into this Agreement. At all times the Equipment will remain our property. In relation to this Agreement the Supplier acts as our agent where appropriate.
- The Agreement begins on the date of acceptance and payment has been taken by Mobility at Sea. It continues until notice of cancellation is given by you to us in writing, or at the end of the Term of the Lease specified by Mobility at Sea.
- During the period of the Agreement you will:
- pay any outstanding amounts prior to delivery of the equipment. Failure to do so may result in the equipment not being supplied.
- only use the equipment in accordance with our guidelines and take proper care of the equipment as instructed;
- only use the mobility products with the utmost courtesy to other passengers;
- not remove the equipment from the location where it was originally installed unless a powerchair, scooter, wheelchair or walking aid; or leave the equipment unattended in any areas including the terminal car parking area, or other external areas without our written permission, please note you may incur the cost of repairs or replacement of the product;
- keep the equipment protected from all risks of loss, or damage, or infection.
- not sell or part with possession of the equipment, or transfer the benefit of this agreement to anyone else;
- you will not make any alterations to the equipment or to name plates, unless authorised by us.
- be able to take the powerchair, scooter, wheelchair, or walking aid off-board however, the above conditions apply in addition to any cruise line regulations.
- Mobility at Sea cannot be held liable for any accidents, losses or death or damage to property that you cause whilst using the equipment. Mobility at Sea cannot be held liable for any expense relating to any damage caused by the equipment, except for your death or injury caused by our negligence and or damage to the equipment howsoever arising and you will promptly provide Mobility at Sea with details of any such incident in writing.
- Mobility at Sea complete verbal assessments over the telephone which we use to ascertain your requirements and may request a Doctor’s letter for confirmation or clarity. If you provide inaccurate or false information then no liability can be held by Mobility at Sea for issues with the equipment and no refund will be given.
- The Hirer shall inspect each item provided as specified by the Booking Invoice. The Hirer must immediately notify Mobility at Sea of any faults or other issues they may have with the equipment. If the Hirer fails to provide such notice by 2.00pm (UK/GMT) on the day of departure, then the Hirer is presumed to have accepted the equipment as specified. Any subsequent claim that the hire equipment was not provided fit-for-purpose will not be considered.
- When this Agreement ends you must return the equipment in a good working condition and to Mobility at Sea at the location which we shall designate.
- In the event that the equipment becomes damaged due to deliberate abuse or misuse, excessively soiling, loss or misplacement, the Hirer will be responsible for reimbursing Mobility at Sea, the replacement value of the equipment concerned or the cost of repair.
- In the event that the Hirer needs to cancel the agreement then a refund will be reimbursed minus a £25.00 administration fee for any order value up to £600.00 and £50.00 for any order value over £600.00, unless the cancellation period is within 48 hours (not including weekends or bank holidays) of the departure date, in this instance no refund will be made. The Hirer may choose to refer to their Travel Insurance provider for details of the Late Cancellation policy.
- Due to the nature of the hire and as the equipment will be used overseas; we will provide the equipment in optimum condition. It will be complete with charging modules and instructions if applicable. In the event that the equipment develops a fault we will attempt to rectify the situation however this may be limited. You will be liable for charges or repairs made as a result of deliberate abuse, damage or misuse of the equipment. Any offers of refunds due to the equipment becoming defective will be at our discretion and subject to suitable evidence following our engineer's report.
- All hirers of motorised mobility products are offered tuition/ demonstration at the time of booking (if they are not familiar with the product) to use and maintain the equipment. This normally takes place at the cruise terminal on the day of departure, if however, alternative arrangements have been made then these will be detailed on the booking form in addition to any fees incurred.
- Demonstrations at the terminal will be at an allocated time but must be conducted by 1:30 pm, however, in some instances we may be delayed with other clients or you may be delayed due to adverse traffic conditions, in this instance please contact us on the telephone number given but please bear in mind that we may not be able to attend. If this is the case then we will endeavour to request a demonstration by a member of the terminal staff.
- All Hirers are verbally pre-assessed to ensure their suitability for the equipment. If any problems are experienced in using the equipment then please contact 02380 658 642, text 07901 090 601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity to log the fault/damage.
- Mobility at Sea reserve the right, under certain circumstances, to alter the product supplied. We will endeavour to notify you in such an event, however, this will not impact on the functionality of the product or the purpose of which it is intended.
- All sums payable under this Agreement are subject to VAT at the applicable rate when due for payment unless the Hirer qualifies for VAT relief. The VAT relief declaration form must have been completed and authorised at the time of payment.
- Any waiver, concession or extra time we may allow you is limited to the specific circumstances in which it was given. It does not affect our legal rights under this agreement in any other way.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect, then our Complaint Handling Policy is available on request. If not reported during the hire period, then the complaint must be communicated within 24 hours of disembarkation and provided in writing within 7 days of your return.
- Mobility at Sea is a trading name of Renta Scoota Ltd please note that financial transactions will state Renta Scoota.
- The hirer must take responsibility to obtain insurance cover if required.
Copyright © Mobility at Sea® -
Mobility at Sea® is a trading name of Renta Scoota Ltd.
Registered as a limited company in England and Wales under Company Reg. No: 6511324.
Main office: Units 10-11 The Parkwood Centre, Aston Road, Waterlooville,
Hampshire, PO7 7HT. Telephone 0800 328 1699 or 02392 267 474.
Registered address: 4 Sudley Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO21 1EU.
Mobility at Sea® is a UK registered trade mark.
Any trademarks belong to their respective owners.